Solidity is the programming language designed for writing smart contracts on Ethereum. If you want to become a web3 developer, learning the basics of Solidity is essential.
Here are the Solidity basics that you need to know:
- What is Hardhat?
- What is Solidity syntax?
- How does Solidity work with the Ethereum Virtual Machine?
- How do Solidity functions work?
- How to Modify State Variables
- What does it mean to revert transactions?
- How do Solidity mappings work?
- What are Solidity events?
- How do Solidity arrays work?
- How do Solidity structs work?
Hardhat - the critical tool used for deploying the sick smart contracts you're about to write to the blockchain.
Then we'll cover how to modify state variables, and what it means to revert transactions. By the end of this section, you'll be ready to ship your own Solidity smart contracts!
Ready to become a Solidity developer? Sign up for Alchemy University's free, 7-week Ethereum Developer Bootcamp to learn more about Solidity and earn an official certification!
Updated 9 months ago